The Sanguinarian

The Sanguinarian

Friday 29 August 2014

Project 52- Week 4- Fidelity


"I hate you, Mark! I hate you so, so much!"
"What the hell have I done now?"
"Who is she?”
“Who the hell are you talking about?”
“The woman you’re sleeping with! Behind my back! Who the hell is the bitch?”
“For god’s sake, Lydia! I’m not having an affair!”
“Yes you are, liar ! You think I’m an idiot? That I don’t notice what’s going on?”
“Really? What is it that you don’t notice?”
“The lipstick stains on the collar of your shirt! Plus the smell of a woman’s perfume that comes from your clothes!”
“Seriously? That was just one time, Lydia! I told you, a colleague of mind, who happens to be shorter than me, bumped into me in the corridor and so I got her lipstick on my shirt. And I don’t smell any feminine perfume on my clothes, for the record.”
“So you think I’m crazy, huh?”
“Yes! Yes, definitely. You’re stir crazy, Lydia! All you ever do is doubt me. You have never, ever placed an iota of trust in me. I don’t know why you do this. I love you, and all I get for that is your suspicion and your acerbic remarks. You have never said a good thing to me as a spouse, and treat me as if I’m some low-life lecher. I don’t even know why I’m married to you anymore!”
“Don’t you dare pile on me, you pervert! All you men are the same. First you treat women as objects and cheat on them, then you accuse them of being crazy!”
“Enough! I’m done with you, Lydia! I’m really, really done. I agreed to stay trapped with you in this shit-hole of a marriage because I thought that someday, you will see my love for you and we can relive our relationship again. But you refuse to change. Alright, it’s over. I’m getting a divorce.”
“What? You’re…divorcing me?”
“Yes. Neither of us are happy in this marriage, so it’s best to end it. I want to marry someone who puts some faith in me as a husband.”
“But…but…I go all psycho on you only because I want to see how much you love me, Mark! How much you can put up with to stay in this marriage!”

“Oh God! You need a psychiatrist, Lydia!”

No comments:

Post a Comment